When will we get it??
This morning was like any other Sunday morning. Kids screaming, rushing to get to church on time, throwing on whatever seemed to match, putting on my "happy" face for church....
Then I got there. I am the new Children's Division Director for our Sunday School and I usually have to just do a walk through and make sure they are getting their material and their attendance records for the day. Also, I'm supposed to be in charge of outreach for children and the resource room (which I haven't started either since I've been waiting for school to start). Like I said earlier, this morning was pretty typical....once I drop my kids into Sunday School I usually have time to breathe and do my walk-throughs and say good morning to people, grab some coffee and get to Sunday School. This morning, though, I hung around in the auditorium before church started to talk to my friend (also the music director and his wife). I went upstairs and got my choir book (and robe...ughhh) and waited for church to start. The service was great...great music, great message, all-around greatness. This morning, the children did sign language movement to a song they learned in VBS. "Worthy". ....
"Worthy is the Lamb who was slain. Who died and rose again. Worthy to receive all power. Worthy to receive all praise. Jesus is worthy. Jesus is worthy."
Simple, right? As I sat there and listened to these words I found myself in tears over such simple words. Simple yet so powerful. Jesus is worthy, not me. Jesus....Jesus is worthy. How have I forgotten that it's not about me? I want things this way or that way and, well, it really doesn't matter what I want. Jesus is supreme. Jesus is the King. Jesus is in charge.
Anyway, as I sat there listening to my wonderful husband deliver a message that was difficult for him to deliver, I was convicted. Convicted that as I fight a battle over style of music, or order of worship, or who is right and who is wrong I saw myself like any other member of the church: Under the authority of the one true God....the one all powerful Jesus Christ. It doesn't matter what I want cause it's not about me. Is there a way to keep myself attentive to the all-important piece of information? I pray that as I go through this week I can keep Jesus Supreme in my thoughts.
BTW...
Cade starts school tomorrow. He is excited. I will try to remember to post pics of him in his new uniform!!
Then I got there. I am the new Children's Division Director for our Sunday School and I usually have to just do a walk through and make sure they are getting their material and their attendance records for the day. Also, I'm supposed to be in charge of outreach for children and the resource room (which I haven't started either since I've been waiting for school to start). Like I said earlier, this morning was pretty typical....once I drop my kids into Sunday School I usually have time to breathe and do my walk-throughs and say good morning to people, grab some coffee and get to Sunday School. This morning, though, I hung around in the auditorium before church started to talk to my friend (also the music director and his wife). I went upstairs and got my choir book (and robe...ughhh) and waited for church to start. The service was great...great music, great message, all-around greatness. This morning, the children did sign language movement to a song they learned in VBS. "Worthy". ....
"Worthy is the Lamb who was slain. Who died and rose again. Worthy to receive all power. Worthy to receive all praise. Jesus is worthy. Jesus is worthy."
Simple, right? As I sat there and listened to these words I found myself in tears over such simple words. Simple yet so powerful. Jesus is worthy, not me. Jesus....Jesus is worthy. How have I forgotten that it's not about me? I want things this way or that way and, well, it really doesn't matter what I want. Jesus is supreme. Jesus is the King. Jesus is in charge.
Anyway, as I sat there listening to my wonderful husband deliver a message that was difficult for him to deliver, I was convicted. Convicted that as I fight a battle over style of music, or order of worship, or who is right and who is wrong I saw myself like any other member of the church: Under the authority of the one true God....the one all powerful Jesus Christ. It doesn't matter what I want cause it's not about me. Is there a way to keep myself attentive to the all-important piece of information? I pray that as I go through this week I can keep Jesus Supreme in my thoughts.
BTW...
Cade starts school tomorrow. He is excited. I will try to remember to post pics of him in his new uniform!!


Comments