Three.More.Days....

I only have three more days in my house.  My home.  My community.  My church.  My family.  My friends.

To be honest, I don't know what to feel.  I don't know how to feel.  I feel a little....lost.  As I pack up all of our things that we have accumulated over the past 13 years of our marriage and the 5 years of children raising I wonder where it all came from.  That sounds a little silly, but that's what I'm thinking about.  I have memories of every.single.piece.of.everything.  I know who gave me what.  I know the history behind all of my stuff.  I guess that's really cool to go back and remember things, and I have enjoyed that part of packing.  The part I haven't enjoyed so much is the cleaning up after like 3 yrs of not cleaning..lol.  Baseboards, chair rails, behind furniture, tops of cabinets....I mean where does all this filth come from?  We aren't dirty people..lol...at least I don't think we are, but I hate to clean.  As you can see, the feeling of being lost is very prevalent since I'm rambling on about having to clean my house rather than speak of my feelings.

I have received many kind words and lots of encouragement since Sunday.  I just can't believe it's all coming to a close at the end of the week.  We have such wonderful things in store where we are moving to and I'm super excited about how fantastic I feel about it all, but in the midst of all that excitement I'm sad.  I have already expressed the sadness in my previous post so I won't go into all that again.  No need to cry or re-hash over emotions that have already been expressed.  I went on to speak of being forgotten...being shuffled up into a pile of the same people that have come and gone through HBC Nederland.  I guess I was feeling a little sorry for myself..lol, but I think that's what is the most hurtful thought of all....being forgotten.  Every person's worst fear.  But I can't dwell on any of those thoughts anymore.  Many of you have made me feel more than loved and more than appreciated.  I know that I will be remembered in your hearts in a special way.  For that and for your many words I say, Thanks.  Thanks for encouraging me.

So, in the words of my fellow Saint, Paul, "...I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Phil 3:14)  I press on with my sisters and brothers  that I leave behind at Hillcrest.  I press on with the same fervor that you press on. 

Thanks for the memories. 
Thanks for learning with me.
Thanks for taking the time to learn about me.
Keep me posted!!!

Comments

Jo said…
Ok, I have been out of it lately. I just realized/read that you are moving. I wish you the absolute best.God has an amazing future for you and I know you already know that.: )Jer 29:11
Keep blogging from Arkansas.
Micah said…
Never forgotten! You have touched many lives and many are cheering you on as you move on in your journey. Its always bittersweet when the Lord moves us. We cling to what we've grown to love. We will always love you and your sweet family. We'll look forward to hearing all about the new place, the new friends, the new home, the new community. Oh and the new church, of course, lol. I'm praying that God will bless you quickly with some new friends to embrace you and make you feel at home.
(((big hug)))

Popular Posts