Motherhood...
Being a mother of two small children is so challenging. I'm sure this comes as no surprise to those of you with more than one child, but this is my first time, so it's a huge challenge to me..lol. I am still reeling with the fact that I actually do have two children....and it's amazing just how different they are.
Cade was such an easy going child. He didn't cry much. He didn't whine much. He slept well. He ate well. I just didn't have very many problems from him.
Ayden, on the other hand, is almost a nightmare. He doesn't sleep well. He cries almost all the time. He whines A LOT. I just don't know how to read him. He is 8 weeks old today and I still don't know what he wants and how he wants it. Just about the time I think I've got him figured out I tell my husband I've got it and everything changes. I always swore I would never be one of those mothers who lets her baby "cry it out" in the crib when he is tired...but, I'm almost to that point. Ayden doesn't want to be rocked, he won't hold the NUK in his mouth, he won't sleep on his back, he won't stay in the swaddle, he won't lay in the bed and fall asleep without whining, he won't nurse to sleep all the time. I just am almost at my whits end with him. I'm frustrated and tired.
I do have to say that he eats really well and is beginning to sleep a little longer at nighttime and when I do get up with him at night he goes right back to sleep, but those are about the only positives I have at this point.
This is the last baby for us. I don't want another newborn. I don't want to do this all over again. Bless your heart if you've done it more than twice...you deserve a special blessing!!
______________________
So, I typed all this out last night...lol. I had put Ayden down last night and he woke up an hour later. He stayed up an hour before I was able to get him back down again. It's horrible to have to sit in the dark with my crying tired baby, missing time with my family and trying to get him to sleep. It's so hard on a momma's heart to hear her little baby cry himself to sleep. It's frustrating.
Has anyone else been through this? Are there any ideas or advice you can give me to help? This is so hard...lol.
Thanks in advance for whatever advice you can offer.


Comments