Can't sleep...

It's one of those nights. I can't sleep.

I fell asleep on the couch around 10 p.m. and slept for, I guess, about an hour. You would think that by the time I get up and get ready for bed I would just fall right back to sleep, right? Wrong-O. Not me....I'm awake now and my mind is racing. Nothing in particular, just "random-ness" on my mind. I hate to be awake in the middle of the night by myself. I guess it sounds stupid, but I never really got over my fear of the dark, and at night (when it's dark..lol) I get kind of creeped out being awake all alone in the house. It helps to blog this out, though.

Pregnancy is doing strange things to my mind. The other night I woke up out of a dead sleep and my mind was thinking about how I would safely get my kids in and out of the car at Wal-Mart without the fear of getting mugged. Who thinks of stuff like that in the middle of the night? Better yet....who thinks of stuff like this and it keeps them up at night? It's such a stupid thing to think over and stress about....I mean, come on...lol.

Anyway, I know that God is bigger than my problems and most of the time I just don't trust Him to handle them for me. I am so small.

Comments

Jo said…
Ha! I have had those nights. I sit up spazing about the most ridiculous stuff. Don't worry about getting your kids in and out of the car. You will get a routine down that is so quick. I thought that too when I had my third. It wasn't a month and I was shopping at Kroger with the baby in a sling, the toddler in the basket and the oldest by my side. You will get all the kinks worked out! Hope you got a nap today!
Theresa Walker said…
Hope you get some sleep tonight. I don't necessarily wake up thinking about stuff (not yet, anyway). I've just have really weird dreams while I'm pregnant that are sooo vivid that I wake up wondering where in the world my brain has been to find some of the most random things to dream about. Crazy what hormones will do to you...even when you are trying to sleep. Prayers for a better night for you tonight!

Popular Posts