My, how time flies by....

I am in the process of getting the nursery set up. It's a rather difficult process for me because I'm beginning to see how close this baby is to getting here. I've only got three more months left and, honestly, I'm getting a little nervous..lol. We took the crib down from the attic and cleaned it all up and put it back together. I got some of the stuff out of Cade's room that actually belongs to an infant (i.e. blankets, sheets, boppy pillow, etc). The more I pull out the more I realize that Cade is no longer that little tiny baby that I have seen grow up before my very eyes. He isn't even a toddler. He is a boy. A tiny little man. A tiny little man who desperately admires his father. I originally wanted a girl when we found out we were pregnant for the second time, but as I progress through this pregnancy I'm so glad that we are having another boy. Another son to carry daddy's name. Another son who can make his earthly father proud. I will have two sons who will love Jesus (as this is my prayer) and a wonderful, Godly husband who earnestly seeks after his Heavenly Father. I am just in awe of all this. It's a blessing.

So, you may ask, "What do you have to be nervous about?" I've done this before. I've already done the breastfeeding, the diaper changing, the middle of the night stuff, and all the "nerves" should be calm, right? Hmmm....well, every child is different and this one will be no exception. This child does not move in my body like Cade did. He is VERY active and his movements are sporadic, where Cade's were very rhythmic. I keep thinking, "what if I can't hack it? what if I don't do as well with this one? what if...what if....what if...." I know, I know, I can "what if" myself into oblivion...it's not worth worrying about. I'm sure this child will be born and I will slide right into new mother overdrive and everything will be ok, but those thoughts are a little haunting.

I want to drink in all these times before my babies grow into maturity. Time flies by too quickly and I don't want to miss one thing of their childhood by being overwhelmed with sleep deprivation or business. I want to make sure and cherish the times I have with them while they are young...otherwise, I'm missing it all. I don't want the worries to consume me so that I forget to sit and watch them play and interact with each other. I don't want the "issues" of new motherhood to overwhelm me so that I forget to stop and read a book or do a puzzle or color a paper or stick stickers or take pictures. Pray for me during this time. I'm gonna need all I can get. And don't forget to remind me of stuff. I forget stuff almost instantly if not reminded...I think this is a side-effect of pregnancy/motherhood....lol

Comments

Jo said…
You will do great and you are right, you will slide right into the groove. You have to remember that Cade will become slightly more independent and that will be a good thing. He will help get diapers, pick up his toys and give the baby his paci. You'll see that you will have plenty of time when the baby naps to play with Cade and that time will be so special. You'll learn how to nurse and do almost everything else at the same time!! : ) It is true that it will be different but you are ready. Enjoy every moment, pregnancy is a special, special time. Let me know if you need anything!!

Popular Posts