God smacks....

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9

God is so complex. I am grateful that He doesn't reveal everything to me all at once. My small, feeble, human mind would absolutely not be able to handle all the wonderous things that God has done, is doing, and will do. He sees into the past, knows the present, and also sees the future. I just can't get my mind around that. I have watched as my friends endure hardships, losses, turmoil, pain...and I look back over my own struggles with fear and what not. I just don't understand. But, then I sit and read this verse...I am not supposed to understand. God's mind is not my mind. God's ways are not my ways. God's purposes are not my purposes. Then I sit and think about how cool this is. My mind gets stuck in the present. I forget the past experiences that have made me the person I am. I forget about how He has shaped me and how He is shaping other people. I get stuck in the hurt. I get stuck in the "what ifs". I get stuck...stuck in the mess of what is going on and wonder how I can make it out. Well, it's right here...black and white...plain as day. I open my Bible and God slaps me with it...He is thinking on His plane...not mine. I am His clay...He is molding me to be able to help and pray and hug and encourage. Hmmm...

Comments

Popular Posts