YES!! He has returned!!!
Ryan returned to Port Neches, TX at 7:45 p.m. Thursday night, August 5. His trip was so long...well, not so much for him probably, because he was busy and on-the-go every single day since he got to Malaysia, but it was a super long trip for me. I have never been apart from my husband this long and for this great a distance. Cade struggled a little missing his daddy. Every time he would do something "bad" he would blame it on "I just really miss my dad". Around the downside of Ryan's trip that excuse began to get a little old..lol.
Anyway, I haven't gotten a ton of details about Ryan's trip. Since he got back the jet lag has set in and he is soooo tired...plus his body is so sleep deprived that he has gotten a cold and feels terrible most of the time..lol. Anyway, he has told me that the country is just hungry for Jesus. Since they are required by law to be Muslim many of the people have converted to Christianity in secret. Many of them don't care, though. They met a man sitting at the train station who was reading his Bible. He was so in love with Jesus he just didn't care that anyone saw him reading the Word. He told them as they were leaving the area, "We will see each other again." I thought this was awesome!! I got chills when Ryan told me this.
He told me the country is beautiful...and by the pictures he brought back I believed him. It's totally somewhere I would love to visit. I want to go back when he returns, but I'm struggling with the thought of being so far away from my children. I know that if God really wants me to go, though, He will give me the peace I need to be away from them long enough to do ministry alongside my husband. I hope to return with them one day and engage them in world travel and ministry outside of the US. To me, it's important to impress on them how God moves outside of our small community.
I'm so excited that Ryan is back. His heart has been changed since he's been gone. I prayed that God would open his eyes while he was gone and that has definitely happened. Even though we don't have a church yet we are growing and experiencing new and exciting things that God is doing. It's exciting and rewarding. I can't wait to see how much more He will show us in the coming weeks.
Anyway, I haven't gotten a ton of details about Ryan's trip. Since he got back the jet lag has set in and he is soooo tired...plus his body is so sleep deprived that he has gotten a cold and feels terrible most of the time..lol. Anyway, he has told me that the country is just hungry for Jesus. Since they are required by law to be Muslim many of the people have converted to Christianity in secret. Many of them don't care, though. They met a man sitting at the train station who was reading his Bible. He was so in love with Jesus he just didn't care that anyone saw him reading the Word. He told them as they were leaving the area, "We will see each other again." I thought this was awesome!! I got chills when Ryan told me this.
He told me the country is beautiful...and by the pictures he brought back I believed him. It's totally somewhere I would love to visit. I want to go back when he returns, but I'm struggling with the thought of being so far away from my children. I know that if God really wants me to go, though, He will give me the peace I need to be away from them long enough to do ministry alongside my husband. I hope to return with them one day and engage them in world travel and ministry outside of the US. To me, it's important to impress on them how God moves outside of our small community.
I'm so excited that Ryan is back. His heart has been changed since he's been gone. I prayed that God would open his eyes while he was gone and that has definitely happened. Even though we don't have a church yet we are growing and experiencing new and exciting things that God is doing. It's exciting and rewarding. I can't wait to see how much more He will show us in the coming weeks.


Comments