This and that....

Three months old. That's my baby. A three month old baby. He hit three months and quit doing everything I was getting used to. He was sleeping really well, nursing every 3 - 4 hours, didn't cry or whine much....he was shaping up to be a really good mannered child. Well, like I said...three months hit and he quit doing all that.

He doesn't nap well or sleep well anymore. His naps are like 30 to 45 minutes long at a time. I put him to bed at 8 p.m. and he sleeps like 45 minutes and wakes up looking for his NUK (what we call the pacifier). He spits it out and can't get back to sleep without it yet...since he can't find his thumb yet. I've tried swaddling (arms in and out), rocking, crying, nursing, not nursing, noise, no noise, NUK, no NUK, light room, dark room, humidifier, back/side/tummy sleeping....Seems like I've tried everything to try and get this child to sleep better. Nothing is working. I just don't get it. It's frustrating at times and I have to continually remind myself that this is a different child than Cade. Cade would just sleep and do everything by the book...perfect. Ayden is totally opposite, but still a good kid. I have to count my blessings that he doesn't have colic at least. Anyway, if there is any advice or things that worked for you please let me know...I'm totally open to suggestions...lol.

Anyway, we are making it. It's been forever since I've updated my blog so I thought I would post about Ayden first then Monroe.

I don't know where I left off about the church, but here is where we are. The weekend before we were to go up "in view of a call" we got a phone call saying that the team was not "at peace" with us coming up yet. We were hurt, confused, mad...very emotional to say the least. Anyway, we didn't go and now we know why. A few weeks later their pastor resigned. There are things we still don't know and probably will never know. It's ok, though. I know God has our best interests in mind and will lead us to the right place in time. Who knows...my husband could be the next popular conference speaker!! I think that's where he is headed...even if it doesn't happen NOW. His gift is incredible. We are still seeking other opportunities and if God wants us to wait for Monroe we will wait. We trust that God will lead....no question about it.

Thank you, Lord, for your protection when we cannot see what we are being protected from. Help us to trust you no matter how hard or frustrating it may seem at the time. Your love for us is wider, deeper, longer, and higher than I can imagine.

Comments

Michael Paine said…
He could be going through a growth spurt and need to be nursed more often in the day and like every 2-2.5 hours and maybe he will sleep better at night. When babies don't get the adequate ammt of calories during the day they wake up through the night to make up for it. I don't know if it will work but it is worth a try? Good luck.
Jo said…
Sorry you guys aren't getting much rest. I know that can seem so frustrating. Eli went through that. I don't have any advise because I never really figured out why. Just hang in there and he will work it out.

God has awesome things for you guys! He will lead you to his best.

Popular Posts