Cade-isms....

Jessica posted a few things last year that Luke said and called them "Luke-isms"..lol...so I totally stole my title from her...but I digress from my original post...lol.

At Mother's Day Out we have chapel once per week on Thursdays. Our Education Minister, Jim, comes in and does most of our chapel devotions for the kids and he is so wonderful at it. Two weeks ago he brought a fishing rod that has a telescopic rod that extends out rather far. You like flick it with your wrist and it shoots out really, really far. He had a paperclip attached to the end and a small bobber. The kids were loving it. His lesson went something like this:

"Has anyone ever been fishing? Well, I like to fish. This is my fishing rod that I like to use. It has a hook here on the end. Does everyone see it? What should I put on the end for the fish to bite that hook? I need a lure...a worm or a piece of bacon or something to make the fish want to take a bite and get hooked on my line so I can reel him in. Well, the devil can go fishing too. He usually puts something on the end of his hook that looks good to us...like making us want to lie or disobey our parents or something like that. When he goes fishing he is fishing for us to make us want to get farther away from God. We need to make sure we have a good relationship with Jesus so we know not to bite the devil's hook."

Ok, this is how the story went...not all the actual words...but, mostly...you get the gist. Cade came to me a week after that chapel service and asked me this:

"Hey, mom...remember the other day when Jim was talking about that level that was chasing us with his hook?"

It took me a long time to figure out what he was saying, but he was referring to his chapel service from MDO. As long as I have been listening to him talk I still had trouble diciphering "LEVEL" into "DEVIL". LOL....I laughed to myself for a while with this one.

Another, MDO moment....we are singing "Joy to the World" in our Christmas program on Thursday. We started a little late on practice due to all our construction and my pregnancy and what not...there has always been something it seems. Anyway, I think it's the first time Cade has actually heard that song. We were walking over to the church office and he turned and asked me:

"Mom...why is the Lord gum?" I was like..."what?" He pronounces his Ls like Ys so it really threw me off because he said "Yord". I thought to myself for a minute and tried to figure out what he was saying. I asked him where he heard anything that would resemble that phrase. He said, "Joy to the world the Yord is gum". In order to not embarrass him I waited till I got home to laugh at this sweet little phrase. I corrected him, of course, but it's a gentle reminder that sometimes little ears hear things differently.

When I was a child I was a big Barbara Mandrel fan and she sang a song called "I was Country, when Country wasn't cool". I sang this: I was contrick when contrick wasn't cool" I guess I was about Cade's age...lol...feel free to laugh at my expense..lol

Comments

Jo said…
Ha! Love those little kid sayings! The other day Evan asked us where the blue sky was ( it was cloudy). We told him that it was gone today because it was cold and cloudy instead. He said, "ah, I don't want the blue sky to be died" Ha We told him it was just hiding, not died! LOL

Also, I used to sing Ah, ah, ah, Gloria. And they shout his name O. Instead of "Gloria in excelsis Deo"! At least you were a kid. LOL It wasn't until I was caroling and I read the words. I laughed so hard and others did too! LOL
Micah said…
LOL try figuring out in HIGH SCHOOL that it wasn't "lever mind" when people would say "never mind."
yes. high. school.
LOL We all still laugh about that.

Popular Posts