Interesting ordeal....
So today was interesting.
I have to begin my story by telling you all that I enjoy being in control of my life. I like to know what's happening and how things will proceed. I like to be "in the norm". I don't like to come up against pressure or agitation. I don't like to be the one who sticks out and has problems with ANYTHING.
That being said I will proceed.
This has been a difficult pregnancy for me. I was nauseated and sick for a good part of my first trimester (normal) and halfway through my second (annoying). I continued to focus on the baby and pray that God would just get me through all this misery and help me see the brighter side of pregnancy...because I know it exists.
At my 12 week appointment the nurse come in to find the heart rate of the baby growing rapidly in my womb. No sound. She tried for like 5 - 10 minutes to find it and NOTHING. The NP came in to try and, again, nothing. "Well, we are gonna send you over for ultrasound...just to make sure the baby is ok." On the order she writes this as the diagnosis:
"Check viability and dates"
I'm like...uh...ok. So, I go over to the hospital to have my ultrasound done and the baby is fine. Totally normal, just moving around so much that when they placed the doppler on my abdomen it wouldn't be still enough to find any heart tones at all.
**whew**
Ok, so 16 weeks rolls around and time for another Dr. appt. I go in and nurse comes in the room with the doppler again....NOTHING....AGAIN!!!
So, for the second time in a row...no heart signs at all with the doppler. At this point I'm like, "ok, I know that this thing is ok because I have been sick as a dog and if something was wrong I know I would have figured something out by now." So they send me over for another ultrasound. I forget what the reasoning/diagnosis they put on that one.
Ultrasound went great. Of course, I got questions about why another one? Why at 16 weeks? And, I had to explain the story all over again to the u/s tech.
Finally, 20 weeks comes around. This is the typical time that they send you for your FIRST ultrasound to measure everything, tell you the sex, and verify your dates for delivery. I called to schedule the procedure and the scheduler tells me that I have to have a precertification done for this one. Fine, no big deal. She says they will take care of calling the Dr. office to let them know what is going on and what is needed. I scheduled my appointment for Friday (which is today..lol). The Dr. office had over a week and a half to find out the precert and get it to the hospital so I could have this procedure done....and it didn't get done. WOW...I couldn't believe it....and, boy, was I mad....hopping mad!!!
Well, FINALLY my sweet husband gets involved and makes some calls for me and gets to the bottom of this whole ordeal. He tells me to call the Dr. office and find out what's going on, and call the insurance and then, he will do what he can to help out on the hospital end. I have been waiting now for over a week and a half to just FIND OUT THE SEX OF MY BABY!!
LOL...sounds really stupid and a little selfish, I guess, but I did finally found out...today.
We are gonna have another bouncing baby boy!! Cade is a little less than thrilled at the thought of it because he really wanted a baby sister. I'm sure when the baby gets here it will be a different story all together..lol. I am excited about this baby...even though I am expecting a much different child than I had the first time around.
This whole story to say this:
I hate that with insurance and doctors and such that there are so many hands in the pot. I know I don't know everything, and I know I probably should thank my lucky stars that there are people out there who are skilled in handling insurance and precerts and such (I used to be one of these), but when too many people get involved it seems to make a huge mess of everything. This has been another experience to show me how dependent upon God I need to be. If I had more faith, or more trust that He is in control I know I wouldn't have had a breakdown in my closet today..lol.


Comments