It irks me...so what am I going to do about it?
Tonight I am teaching at IMPRINT. This is a young adult worship service that we have on Thursday nights for those that may not normally attend a traditional worship service. I am super excited about it, but a little nervous. The topic is "PURITY...WHAT'S THE POINT?"
I am super passionate about purity in our young adults. I don't think that people value the idea of purity at all. Look at the movies on the big screen now. One that really gets me is "Drag me to Hell". Why would anyone even want to go see that in the first place? It just bothers me that there is a total disregard for purity in our thoughts or minds at all in this world.
Our culture is sexually charged and geared to people who will do anything for instant gratification. It's ridiculous. Why?
It bothers me (bothers me that I have to watch all the commercials...not to guard my son) that I have to guard my three-year-old's eyes and mind from the commercials on TV right now. When we watch family programs on TV I have to change the channel every other time because of the sexually oriented commercials trying to sell anything from M & Ms to Fiber supplements or when I have to watch all the commercials to make sure there is no evil coming into our home from the movies that Hollywood is selling now.
Phil 4:12 "Finally, brothers, whatever is TRUE, whatever is NOBLE, whatever is RIGHT, whatever is PURE, whatever is LOVELY, whatever is ADMIRABLE--if anything is EXCELLENT or PRAISEWORTHY--think on such things."
This verse has been my creed for many years. I truly hope that this is what my mind is focused on. Purity, Nobility, Righteousness, Loveliness, Excellence. Otherwise, I'm not becoming more like Christ...I'm moving farther from His image, right?


Comments
and I feel the same way about commercials. Most of the tv watching at our house consists of the kids watching approved cartoons and me watching stuff I've dvr'd. Thankfully, commercials aren't too big of an issue because of that. But we were watching regular tv with the kids one evening and the "drag me to hell" commercial came on and I had to yell at luke to cover his eyes while I scrambled for the remote. That SERIOUSLY bothers me.
I'll be praying for you tonight! I know you'll do great! I always love hearing what ever you have to say. :)