Saturday is THE DAY!!!
Ryan and I will be traveling to Houston for his long awaited skydive!! He says he isn't nervous, but I think deep inside he probably is. He doesn't usually show a lot of emotion and that's ok with me. He is a great man of God and I'm blessed to have such a wonderful man at my side at every turn.
Anyway, I will definitely post pictures when we get home. I'm not really sure what I'm gonna be doing for the time that he gets ready to the time he actually jumps, but maybe I can watch as he prepares. I can't wait!! Of course, it's not me who has to jump out of the plane..lol.
Our 4th of July was great. I was really looking forward to seeing my friends and just hanging out with them. When summer gets here people usually scatter to the four winds trying to get all their vacations in and such. It's usually difficult to get together, but Saturday was so much fun. We hung out at the Howell's house and ate all we could and the kids played in the sprinkler and rode their bikes in the street (they live on a dead-end). They were super cute together. I was a bad parent and didn't bring my camera or anything..lol...I will have to get the pics from Lance...he took a bunch. Micah bought a ton of fireworks and we popped them ALL!!! It was greatness...we just watched as the kids just stood in awe of the smoke and the lights and just the whole thing. I think we learned that 3-year-olds are still too young to work sparklers, though...lol....it was really windy and they didn't understand that the wind would blow the sparks. And, of course, my child, being the small adventurer he is, decided it would be a good idea to show Mack his sparkler, even though she had her own. He didn't understand that the sparks would burn. He didn't get close enough to her to burn her or hurt her, but seeing him turn and bring it close to her face was scary. Maybe another few years...lol.
And, the end all of the night.....
Lesson learned....when you put four men together who all get in trouble together...you know something bad may happen. Someone says it would be a good idea to....and no one disagrees....yeah, usually a bad idea. In the end, two very large fireworks down a storm drain causes a fire and lots and lots of smoke. Danger level: High, red, caution...however you want to put it. No one was hurt...I guess that's the real issue...lol.


Comments