My heart is yours....Take it all!!!

 I give you my life, I give you my trust, Jesus
Cause you are my God and you are enough, Jesus

My heart is Yours, My heart is Yours
Take it all, take it all, my life in your hands

I lay down my life, I take up my cross, Jesus
Cause you are my God, whatever the cost, Jesus

My heart is Yours, My heart is Yours
Take it all, take it all, my life in your hands

All to Jesus I surrender!!  All to You I freely give
I will ever love and trust You, In Your presence I will live!

I surrender all, I surrender all, all to Thee my blessed Savior
I surrender ALL....


This song always gets me...

I love music.  I love music being a part of my worship.  I have an artistic brain than will concentrate on the music:  the tune, the crescendo, the vocals, the tingling satisfaction that is felt when you hit that note that cracks the sound barrier, the emotion that is brought on with every beat of the drum...I LOVE MUSIC!  I'm not an educated music major...just a normal person who really loves to sing and feel and worship my Lord through song.

But this song ....MY HEART IS YOURS.... this song gets me every single time it's sung in a congregational setting...just like when you hear someone sing "When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation...and take me home, what joy shall fill my heart...." Those little tingles that you get when you know that the coming of the Lord will be a glorious day filled with wonder and delight and the fulfilled hope of the Bridegroom coming to take his Bride to Heaven.  Goodness...I feel those tingles now just typing this all out LOL.  

...MY HEART IS YOURS... 
I sing those words and can't help but pray, "Is my heart really all Yours, Lord?  Have I really given you ALL?"  

So what parts am I holding back? 

I know that I have given the Lord my heart at the moment of salvation....but I also know I am still living in flesh here on earth.  

  • My flesh tells me that there is a portion of my heart that I should keep hidden because if anyone sees "THAT" they will surely judge you....so, hold that portion back and keep it hidden.  
  • My flesh tells me that there is a portion of my heart reserved for ME...on the throne of MY life and MY time and MY feelings and MYself (does any other sentence in life ever scream SELFISH more than that one?)...keep that portion for yourSELF.
  • My flesh tells me that there is a portion of my heart reserved for my children.  They need me and they cannot survive without their mother's love....save a spot in there for them.
  • My flesh tells me that there is a portion of my heart reserved for my husband.  The man who sacrifices for me and loves me unconditionally....he needs to get a good portion of that heart because of his passion and his love for me. 
You see, these are all lies I tell myself.  

Ok, Ok...don't misunderstand me....there is a time to care for yourself and of course your children and spouse deserve your love and attention ... but your heart....that is reserved for the LORD HIMSELF.  If the Lord has your heart, then everything else falls right into place.  

  • The portion of my heart I'm trying to hide...The Lord want is all!  He wants to unlock that door and clean out the cobwebs!
  • The portion of my heart that I'm trying to hold back for MYself...The Lord wants that portion too!  I am not lord ... HE IS LORD!
  • The portion I'm trying to reserve for my children...The Lord wants that portion.  Those babies are not mine anyway...they are a gift ... given to train and teach about how to love and serve the Lord as they grow and to be returned to Jesus and turned loose for the Kingdom.
  • The portion I'm trying to reserve for my husband...The Lord wants that portion as well.  My husband is serving the Lord alongside of me and our marriage is a reflection of Christ and his love for His beloved church.
You see, my heart BELONGS to the LORD!  My pastor says it this way: 

"He's either Lord of all, or He's not Lord at all"

What parts are you holding back?  Are you giving your all to Him? Does He have ALL of your heart?







Comments

Popular Posts