Blessings...

There is an old hymn with the words that say:

"Count your blessings name them one by one.
Count your blessings see what God has done.
Count your blessings, name them one by one.
Count your many blessings, see what God has done."

Have you ever stopped to do that?  Count your blessings?  Well, lately I have received blessing after countless blessing from my Heavenly Father.  Honestly, if I were to sit here and recount each and every blessing that I have received from the Lord we would be here all day long....this post would never be posted because I would still be typing.  But, I can recount the most recent ones....

First, we moved to Florida to a bigger church and a bigger town.  We didn't know anyone.  Cade didn't know anyone.  Ayden didn't know anyone.  We were starting over....AGAIN.  It was scary and I felt very alone.  A new town to learn the roads in.  A new church to learn the people in.  I know, I know...I'm not the only person (or the first person) to ever have moved to a new town and a new job....and I won't be the last.  If you know me, you know that I'm not the kind of person who likes to make new friends...lol.  I hate to say that, because it makes me sound a little conceited...and I'm not like that in real life, but I don't make friends that easily.  I usually have to have people approach me.  Needless to say I have had to stretch myself outside of my comfort zone in order to grow a little. Cade and Ayden were, of course, first on my mind, but I believe God knows what I need to help me make my children feel comfortable.  I prayed first for Cade to make friends.  He is like his mother.  I prayed....God provided.  Friends....beyond my expectations.  AND....I didn't have to do much of anything!  People included me without patronizing me....BLESSING ONE. Then He provided a friend for Cade....BLESSING TWO.  Ayden is a social butterfly...and he's only 4 and never meets a stranger.
Second, we needed a house.  We came to Panama City in a whirlwind.  We had one day to find a house to rent until we could buy something more permanent.  We called and called around and no one would return our calls (and we didn't want to spend a ton of money on a house we would  only live in for 6 months).  Again, God provided a 4 bedroom house....not an extraordinarily, wonderful house, but it was a house...not an apartment or weird townhouse or trailer home (nothing against a trailer home....I've lived in one)....BLESSING THREE.

Now, for the final and most wonderfully unexpected blessing of them all.  Our new home.  I should back up a little and say that Ryan and I always knew we would never be extravagantly wealthy since we decided to go into ministry.  Let's be honest...there isn't a lot of money in vocational ministry.  Also, we both believe that I should stay home till both of our children are in school.  It's important to both of us that they receive a sound doctrinal foundation before going into public school.  My parents both had to work when I was young and I always wanted to be sure my children didn't have to grow up in day care (I should also mention I don't regret a moment of my childhood.  My parents sacrificed all they had for me).  Anyway, God has always been so faithful in providing our homes in the past (we've moved  A LOT) and I knew He would provide something for us here in Florida.  Anyway.....Ryan and I also knew that being in ministry we would probably never own or be able to buy a NEW house...ever.  Except, now He has provided that too....BLESSING FOUR....and we actually have a house note that is $200 less than what we paid in rent....BLESSING FIVE.....and the closing costs that you usually have to pay at the closing table...well, He took care of that too.  Not only did we not have to pay, we walked away with MORE money than we should have had to pay (we were paid at closing).....BLESSING SIX.

So, begin counting your blessings.  Name them one by one.  Count your many blessings and see what GOD has done.  HE. IS. FAITHFUL.......HE. IS. FAITHFUL...

Comments

Popular Posts