He KNOWS me....

Ok, ok....

So, it's been a yr...

ok, more than a year...

I loathe how long it's been since I logged on to blog...something.  My life has drastically changed since the last post I put in blogger.  Geez...where do I start?  Hmmm....

Well, a few years ago you may remember that I posted that we moved to a little town called Blytheville, AR.  Ryan got a new position (new to us) as a full-time vocational pastor at the First Baptist Church there in Blytheville.  I loved it, at first.  We lived in a small trailer (which I blogged about when we moved there).  Then, we bought a house (which I also blogged about when we bought the house).  I loved that house.  It was small and in a cute little neighborhood right outside of the city limits.  I have never lived outside of the city limits before, so I saw it as a welcome change.  And it really was.  It was quiet and dark, but not scary dark...cozy dark.  Like I wasn't afraid to walk outside and be alone because I was comfortable.  I liked where we bought.  We knew that this was where God led us.  Right to this little house to raise our little family.  I was sitting outside one day and feeling a little dejected.  Forgetting that God sees me and sees the little things that are important to me.  I began to pray and ask God to reveal to me His sovereignty.  I needed to see Him at this particular moment.  I looked up and looked at our house.  My eyes were immediately drawn to the front door and the shutters that were on the front of the house.  They were red.  A very pretty red shade that complimented the brick and the trees in the fall.

What you need to know about the red front door and the red shutters is this....

When we lived in Port Neches on Sierra all I ever wanted to do was paint the front door and shutters red.  I love the color red.  It's probably by far my favorite color.  I don't know why....it just is.  I love it.  When we were just about to buy the paint and supplies to get this project done, Ryan got called to full-time vocational ministry.  Of course, he asked me to hold off on this project for a little while longer.  I, reluctantly, agreed.  This was a deep desire of mine...just a little "happy" that I wanted.  Nothing super spectacular...just something I really wanted....a red front door and red shutters.  Well, the story has now unfolded.  We got the job in Arkansas, moved, and sold our house (BTW...I LOVED THAT HOUSE IN PORT NECHES.  I was heartbroken to sell it).  We moved into the trailer and then into the house on Ramblewood...and fell in love with that house as well.  And what did it have?  Red shutters and a red front door.

You see, God didn't forget me.  He reminded me that even the smallest things that are important to me are important to Him, too.  He is sovereign.  He knows me.  He cares for me.  He SEES me.  He knows me.  He knows me......HE KNOWS ME!!

Comments

Popular Posts