My Legacy.....
My last post was in August...sheesh...Somehow I just cannot find the time to sit down and blog. It's 1:07 a.m. and I'm not tired, so maybe a short post is all I will do, but it counts so here goes....
Thanksgiving was yesterday. My parents drove up and stayed here with us for a few days. It was really nice having them here. I love to cook for a group of people and, since it was my parents, it was nice to re-create past Thanksgiving traditions with/for them. Since my grandmother passed away, holidays just haven't been the same. We all started to sort of fall out of meeting together...then we moved up here while everyone else stayed where they were. I guess it's sort of my fault too, but God allowed us to stay with my grandma for her last months and days so I'm very grateful for that. Holidays were always held together by her. She was an incredible, Godly wife and mother and I miss her so badly. Her personality was so bright and she loved her grandchildren and great-grandchildren with everything she had. I will miss her every single day until I get to heaven and I can hug her again. Of course, by then she will be all, "What are you hugging on me for? Jesus is right there!!!" She loved Jesus and she left a huge legacy of faith behind.
I wonder sometimes if the legacy I'm creating will be talked about like this. Will people say, "She loved Jesus with every fiber of her being." Or will they say, "She sure was a sweet person." I hope it's the first one. I hope that when people look back over my life they will be able to say that I loved Jesus and it showed and seeped out of every pore. I pray that my children can see my love for the Lord and follow my example. I pray that I instill within them a fervor for the Word and for prayer. I pray.....
What will your legacy say about you?
Thanksgiving was yesterday. My parents drove up and stayed here with us for a few days. It was really nice having them here. I love to cook for a group of people and, since it was my parents, it was nice to re-create past Thanksgiving traditions with/for them. Since my grandmother passed away, holidays just haven't been the same. We all started to sort of fall out of meeting together...then we moved up here while everyone else stayed where they were. I guess it's sort of my fault too, but God allowed us to stay with my grandma for her last months and days so I'm very grateful for that. Holidays were always held together by her. She was an incredible, Godly wife and mother and I miss her so badly. Her personality was so bright and she loved her grandchildren and great-grandchildren with everything she had. I will miss her every single day until I get to heaven and I can hug her again. Of course, by then she will be all, "What are you hugging on me for? Jesus is right there!!!" She loved Jesus and she left a huge legacy of faith behind.
I wonder sometimes if the legacy I'm creating will be talked about like this. Will people say, "She loved Jesus with every fiber of her being." Or will they say, "She sure was a sweet person." I hope it's the first one. I hope that when people look back over my life they will be able to say that I loved Jesus and it showed and seeped out of every pore. I pray that my children can see my love for the Lord and follow my example. I pray that I instill within them a fervor for the Word and for prayer. I pray.....
What will your legacy say about you?


Comments