Gosh...

So much has happened since my last post.  We bought a new home in Blytheville...finally.  We lived in a mobile home (which isn't really that bad) but living in a house is much nicer.  We have lots of stories about that mobile home, which I plan to get around to sharing.  I know I shouldn't be a house snob, cause there are many other people in this world who don't even have a roof over their home, and I am working on my attitudes about what I "need".

Anyway, so our house is in an area called "Ramblewood".  It isn't actually an "area" per say, but when someone here asks where we live and I say Ramblewood, they automatically know where I live.  It's outside the city limits but really close enough to town to not be considered country living.  It is small compared to what we used to live in but enough for our family.  Still 3 bedroom, 2 full bathrooms, 2 car garage.  We have 1 acre of land, lol.  We have had to purchase a riding lawn mower, which resembles the one that Forest Gump rides on in the movie when he is mowing the football field.  Even riding the lawn mower it still takes like 2 hours to get the yard done (mowing, weed eating, etc). Again, more stories that apply here but limited time to enter this blog...I will get to it...lol.  The other day I was sitting outside (stealing a few minutes of quiet time after I checked the mail) and noticed a small thing that God did for me...just for me.  When I lived in Port Neches in that beautiful house on Sierra I had a green front door, green shutters, and green garage doors.  I always, always wanted to paint my front door red, which meant that I would have to paint everything else to match.  It would've been a lot of work priming and painting everything, so we never did it.  As I sat outside looking at all God had provided and telling Him how wonderful He has been to us and how grateful I was to Him for bringing us to Blytheville, I noticed something...something small....something I had missed before.  I have a red front door and red shutters.  Just what I always wanted.  Now, maybe to some people that seems like "coincidence", but to me, it means that God provided what I wanted..."the desire of my heart".  I know that the color of a front door is not normally a desire of one's heart, but it mattered to me.  When we looked at this house to buy it I never even noticed that the front door was red.  It didn't even cross my mind at all, but God saw that it was important to me and He provided that for me.  It was a comfort.  Not only is He providing for us in BIG, HUGE ways He also saw to give me a small, quiet reminder that He has our best in mind.

Since moving to Blytheville, God has shown Himself in ways I can't even begin to tell you through typing on a blog.  I have been reminded time and time again that He is in control and that He loves us so much.  It was such a hard transition to make leaving all my family and friends behind to do God's work, but it has been so worth the move.  To be completely honest, I wouldn't be anywhere else.  I miss Mid-County, but being in the center of God's will has been worth the pain of separation.  


I have been working on getting my computer free of extra pictures that are cluttering up space, so when I get some pics of our home I will post them, but for now I will leave you with some pics I have been working on.  I love photography...I have a lot to learn and I don't really shoot people as well as other things, but I enjoy it.  Here are some that I have been working on:




This was a geranium that was growing inside our FLC (family life center).  I took it as I was walking down the stairwell on my way to something else.  Flowers are easy to shoot since they have so much color and don't move..lol.


This one I took outside in my back yard.  I can't really tell you how I got so close to the bee, but I was surprised at how detailed it turned out.  I love that you can see the little hairs all over him.


This bumblebee was at the Memphis Zoo.  I actually took the picture and cropped it a couple of times before I got this picture. ...but I guess I shouldn't reveal my secrets...maybe you would've thought I was a great wildlife photographer..lol...jk


These flowers were at the Memphis zoo as well.  Growing wild.  So pretty.  They look plastic, but they were real.


This one was during our first snow.  It was actually cold enough to catch a few of these guys before they melted.  It was incredible to see them each so different and delicate.  I was so in awe of seeing the actual flakes that I couldn't stop snapping pictures of them.  This is my favorite.



Well, I hope you have enjoyed reading/seeing what's up here. I sure hope I don't get stuck and forget my blog.  I guess sometimes it's ok to take a break, but I miss blogging.



Comments

Popular Posts