Homeschooling and a new house....

So....

Yes, yes...you heard me right.  I am homeschooling.  I have wrestled around with the idea for quite some time now and I decided that, for this time in our lives, this would be the best thing for our family.  I researched, I asked questions, I prayed, I asked more questions, I prayed some more and made my decision.  I was going to do this.  I ordered my materials and spoke with Cade's teacher at Highland Park and she was very supportive.  She gave me a lot of printouts of what her kids were going to be doing after the turn of the new year and I was just so appreciative for all her support. 

I guess I need to back up a little.  We moved, right.  So,we drove up to our new home.  We were unloaded within a few hours.  People were inside and outside.  People were everywhere.  I had people trying to do their best to entertain my kids.  They were trying to help me feel at home.  Needless to say, it was one of the hardest days of my life...lol.  When everyone finally left I found that some of the boxes had already been unpacked.  Where was all my stuff???  The ladies had unpacked my foods and dishes and put them away....well, it was a nice thought.

I was content.  We were following God's direction for our lives.  We had been blessed with a place to stay...FOR FREE (did I mention that?).  We didn't really have much room to complain and I tried hard to stay positive.  I must say, though, that I'm a city girl.  I know, now, that I can't make it in the country..lol.  Even with the positive encouragement from my friends back home, I just had a hard time living so far from the city.  We were 100 miles from civilization (or so it seemed.  It was really like 8 miles).  The wind blew constantly.  It blew Cade's swingset over and smashed it to pieces.  We had to burn our trash.  Worst of all, we weren't prepared for the pests that live in the country.  We are used to cat-sized cockroaches and mosquitoes that eat you alive....we weren't prepared for the M-I-C-E.  And to make things worse, no one told us to block all the holes leading into the house (like the dryer vent) so they wouldn't come inside.  A little head-up would have been nice.  Anyway, we survived. 

We bought a house here in Blytheville and are living MUCH closer to the city.  We are still out of city limits, but it's close enough to feel like we live in the city...lol.  It's a small house, but cute.  We have new carpet/floors.  We have painted a few rooms and replaced some fans and finally have everything unpacked.  It's nice.  I finally feel settled.  I finally feel "at home".  I love it.  Obviously, there are other things that we want to do to the outside.  The people that lived here before us didn't take very good care of the house, so the yard is in bad shape, but in the spring and summer months Ryan thrives on working outside and I know that we will get it nice and looking great (just in time for Tornado season...lol...jk). 

Sorry my blog seems to be all over the place.  I haven't had a complete thought for like 3 months.  I keep getting sidetracked or whatever.  Moving has been hard on me.  I like things to be neat and organized.  If you have ever moved, you know that moving is anything but organized and neat..lol.  Things seem to get misplaced and packed in boxes that don't go with anything else in that box.  You look at stuff that you packed with your own hands and think, "Why did I put that in there?"

Anyway, back to Homeschooling.  It wasn't a decision I came to lightly.  I knew that moving would throw Cade into some sort of shock and judging from his reaction to the first day of Kindergarten, I figured maybe we would have a re-run of that horrible day, so I decided that keeping him home would be the best thing.  When we moved to the trailer we ended up being in a different school district.  Then, when we moved across town we were in another school district.  Keeping Cade in public school would have landed him in 3 different schools within 6 months.  Probably not a good idea for a 6 yr old.  I just couldn't do that to him.  So, homeschooling was what I chose.  I am still praying and thinking about it, but I think public school will be what we do next year.  It's been super hard to stay motivated with a toddler and a Kindergartener.  I have days when I get up and think, "I would just rather sit here on the couch and not think about ANYTHING today." But I have to get up and do school.  Ayden hasn't been the best lately, but he is cutting his 2 yr molars and has been super crazy and whines about EVERYTHING.  Some days I just feel like I might just lay down and go back to sleep.  Ahhh....the life of a mom, right?  I know I'm not the only one that has days like this...lol. 

So, homeschooling is going well (except days that I just feel like doing nothing), FBC Blytheville is doing well (it's definitely different than HBC, but we are getting used to it), I miss my friends/family from Mid-County so much that I think some days I just want to be back home, I am learning to play guitar (I figured I should probably learn to play some sort of instrument and merge it with my singing).  That's about all I suppose.  I can't think of anything else that I haven't already blogged about. 

I will be going to Mid-County for a visit on March 12 (Spring Break).  I'm so excited.  My mom already has our room all ready..lol...needless to say, she is excited!!  I am looking forward to seeing everyone and being home for a while. 

I will leave my readers with this:







FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!!!  @jennktuck

**I bet you thought it would be an awe-inspiring quote...hahaha....gotcha.

Comments

full of faith said…
love you! hang in there! btw we are in the country not far from the city and we've had mice too lol I'm a pure country girl but HATE mice! you may be surprised to hear i killed one myself...i chased it around my kitchen until i could get a bowl over it and the poor thing suffocated..bless it's little heart! bahahaha I'm proud of you and Tuck and that you are following the path God has chosen for you...you will be blessed. :)

Popular Posts