A little of my HEART....
Do you ever find yourself feeling like this? Broken...dry...used up. This is a crepe myrtle tree bud after it dropped its seeds. I sometimes feel like this....dried up. I love my life...this is not a post to confuse anyone and make you think that I'm depressed..lol...but, those of us who are moms can relate to feeling "dry". We spend most of our energy on our children during the day and by the time they go to bed we feel we have nothing more to give to our husbands, to our extended family, or even to God. I find that sometimes I just want nothing more than to just lay on the couch and completely numb my brain with the television. We have recently gotten rid of cable. We now have an apple TV (which is nothing more than a small box that allows us to watch Netflix...similar to what you would be able to do with a Wii or Xbox 360. We just don't have the gaming systems so we went with the apple TV). It allows us to limit the amount of "worldliness" that Cade and Ayden see through the TV...which, BTW, if I may rant a little, do the commercials have to be so seductive...I mean geez...it's like soft-core porn just to watch commercials advertising tires, motor oil, household cleaning products, and even candy!! Anyway, back to the point....I usually like to lay down on the couch and just veg. I should be re-hydrating myself with the Word.
"When we drink water sometimes we drink a lot all at one time and sometimes we take small sips all throughout the day."
How am I hydrating myself? Hmmm....just something to ponder.
_________________________________________________________________________
As I travel down this road I see You, somewhere. You are among the beauty that is the trees, the rocks, You're everywhere.
As I travel down this road with its curves and turns, I realize that You are the one after whom my soul yearns.
This road with all the bumps, holes, and cracks symbolizes my heart and the "smoothness" it lacks.
I pray that, as I travel, I will always see the beauty in Your Son whom You sent to set me free.
As I travel this road with its turns and curves and learn the mysteries that lie ahead and face the fears that disturb, that you will always be there, just beyond the bend; reaching out to me and helping me take the Hand that You lend.
Teach me to stand up to the questions and fear, to know You speak peace always that my ears need to hear.
As I walk, and sometimes trudge, with what seems a heavy load, help me always remember that You have ordained me to walk this particular road.
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans not to harm you, but to prosper you. Plans to give you hope and a good future." Jeremiah 29:11
"When we drink water sometimes we drink a lot all at one time and sometimes we take small sips all throughout the day."
How am I hydrating myself? Hmmm....just something to ponder.
_________________________________________________________________________
As I travel down this road I see You, somewhere. You are among the beauty that is the trees, the rocks, You're everywhere.
As I travel down this road with its curves and turns, I realize that You are the one after whom my soul yearns.
This road with all the bumps, holes, and cracks symbolizes my heart and the "smoothness" it lacks.
I pray that, as I travel, I will always see the beauty in Your Son whom You sent to set me free.
As I travel this road with its turns and curves and learn the mysteries that lie ahead and face the fears that disturb, that you will always be there, just beyond the bend; reaching out to me and helping me take the Hand that You lend.
Teach me to stand up to the questions and fear, to know You speak peace always that my ears need to hear.
As I walk, and sometimes trudge, with what seems a heavy load, help me always remember that You have ordained me to walk this particular road.
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans not to harm you, but to prosper you. Plans to give you hope and a good future." Jeremiah 29:11


Comments