Vacation....

We recently visited Gulf Shores, AL for a short mini-vacation. It was so nice to get away and just be gone. Alison called me the week before and asked if we wanted to go to the beach. It was last minute but we could get an amazing deal on the condo that we were gonna stay in (because of the oil spill people are avoiding the beaches...there was no oil in Gulf Shores on Memorial Weekend. It was beautiful). After talking it over with Ryan we decided we deserved a vacation with our friends. I learned a little later that not only would we be able to spend time with Lance, Alison, and Mackenzie...but, Micah, Laurie, Brenlee, Marcus, and Lindsey would be going too!! I was so excited I could barely contain myself. Ryan and I have not had a vacation for ourselves in like 8 years or something. We have spent most of our past summers with the youth going to camps or doing stuff with them on overnight trips. Although we loved every minute of those times, it was so nice to have time for just us. We gathered up all our stuff and headed out. It took us 10 hours or something like that to get there...lol. It was a super long trip, but well worth the time. We went to the beach and enjoyed the white sands and clear waters. It was gorgeous. We took in the sun, enjoyed having no time limits, and put away our cell phones. It was greatness!! I did, however, begin to lose my energy about 8 p.m. every night. I totally think I bummed out my friends when we went to the restaurants...lol. Two kids take a toll on your body and energy level...plus being in the sun all day long was draining.


Cade had a great time with the waves and sand. It was fun to see him try to jump over the waves and search for seashells.





I enjoyed the sun and got a nice tan to start off my summer. Ayden enjoyed the sun too. He stayed under the umbrella instead of in the sun..lol.

When we started home I was really bummed out that our vacation was over, but also ready to get home. Alison said if we had planned better the girls could've stayed a little longer. That would have been a lot of fun. We had two infants and a pregnant lady, though. Maybe it was best to just get home..lol.

Thanks to my friends for making this a really fun vacation!!!

Comments

Jo said…
That looks so fun!! Oh my gosh, I need a vacation! Glad you had such a great time.

Popular Posts