An unexpected phone call...

As most of my blog readers know Ryan and I have surrendered to the ministry and are willing to do what the Lord has called us to do no matter where He leads or when He calls. We have been on the road of finding a church where He wants us to serve for almost a year now.

We received a call from a church in Monroe, LA almost a year ago wanting additional information from us and we sent it. We waited and waited to hear from the Lord on what we should do. When additional information is requested from us we ALWAYS send it out in obedience to whatever it is God is calling us to do. Anyway, we got a call from them saying they were still interested in Ryan and we waited and waited. The holidays came and went and Ayden's due date was quickly approaching and we still hadn't heard much from them. All of a sudden things happened quickly for us and we visited them and they visited us and it was great. We felt like this was it. We were gonna make a move to LA.

Then, the unthinkable happened. Their pastor resigned. Now, I'm not one to just jump off the deep end into anything new. I felt a strong call to stay where we were and I was really uncomfortable leaving the familiar to navigate the waters of unfamiliarity...especially without a pastor. I was a little reluctant to tell Ryan that I was super uncomfortable moving us to a place that didn't have a pastor...I just felt like we needed leadership in place...especially since this is our first time doing vocational ministry. I finally talked to him and he felt the same. We decided that until they had a pastor in place we would just wait. We told their search team that we were neither shutting the door or stepping through until they got their leadership in place. They were ok with that. We hadn't heard from them in at least 5 months or longer.

God still hadn't closed that door for us.

The other day Ryan got a text from the leader of their search team. We were both nervous about what that call was going to be about. Were they going to tell us that they have found someone else? Were they going to tell us they still wanted us? Were they going to tell us they were still putting things on hold? What was this phone call going to be about? After the kids went to bed that night he called the team back. What we were told was they have narrowed their choices down to like 4 people or something for their pastor and were we still interested in them.

YES!!! YES, LORD!!! YES!!!

They said they still want Ryan and when things got into place we would pick back up where we left off and finish up our process. WOW...really?? Did that just happen???? It was surreal...

There are many things that I don't understand about God. Some of the things He does just don't make sense in the moment. I know, though, that He ALWAYS has a plan. I shouldn't ever have to wonder why He does some of the things He does, but my human mind is always churning and asking questions.

"Why, Lord? Why?"
"Because, Jenn. You will see, just wait."
"But, Lord...."
"Just wait, Jenn, just wait."

Do you ever have conversations with God that go like this?

Comments

Becky said…
Jenn, praying for you guys as you follow the Lord's leading (in His timing and as He reveals each little individual step, of course...)! Just get used to the unexpected; it becomes a way of life! :) Love y'all.
Jo said…
So glad for ya'll. I am also glad to read a new post from you. Been missing your posts lately. : )
Danielle said…
I have these things happen to me all the time! What happened to you all???

Popular Posts