my week....catching up

I have spent so much time doing other stuff that I have totally neglected my blog.  Seems to me that I go through these phases and get busy and calm down...then get busy again, then calm down.  Hmmm....I see a pattern.  Guess I need to evaluate my time management...lol.

Ryan is out this weekend doing a "guy" thing.  By "guy" thing I mean 4-wheeling with his friends.  I usually don't like asking what they do because when they get home and begin telling stories about what happened I usually wish I hadn't...lol.  I always feel safe that he is with his friends.  Ryan is very conscious about safety, but seems when men get around other men they do silly stuff.  I have pictures of the boys jumping these dirt piles with the 4-wheelers.  Not cool.  I have other pictures of them doing other countless unsaid things that I won't go into detail about here.  Trust me, you don't want to know...lol.

Well, those of you that read my previous blog actually did laugh OUT LOUD at me when you read about my unfortunate incident.  Yes, yes...it was funny...and ok, I'll admit it was stupid...lol.  But, now that it's all over I can tell you about what happened this week.  Tuesday was great.  I did my work in my office and got a lot done.  I got some advertisement out about MDO and got some stuff organized for Valentine's day.  Things were rocking along really well.  Thursday, however, was another story.  I should start by telling you all that there is a virus circling the schools here.  I have a lot of children in my program that have older brothers and sisters that attend public school.  They come home from being around other children all day and carry the virus on their hands, clothes, backpacks, and whatever other miscellaneous items a virus will stick to.  Someone should invent like a decontaminating device that can be placed in the doorways of our homes to get rid of any outside germs or something...lol.  Anyway, so all my children get a hold of this yucky virus and bring it into MDO.  My teachers and I do EVERYTHING we can to make sure that we stop the virus from spreading by sending children home that have any signs of this virus, cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning, and wiping and cleaning some more.  Well, all this to say I have sent at least 5 children home in the past two weeks and countless others that have not come to school due to the virus infiltrating their homes.  This is constantly on my mind because I don't want MDO to be the reason children are getting sick.  I don't think we are spreading it but it just seems to keep popping up.  

Well, anyway, Thursday I had to work with two-year-olds because my teacher for that class has two sick children at home with this virus and fever.  So I thought, hmmm...two year olds can't be all that bad.  This will be easy.  Wrong-O...these kids were T E R R I B L E ! ! ! ! !  LOL...I say that, but they really weren't terrible, but they were bad.  Everything was ok till naptime.  I laid all their stuff out and laid them all down.  When one had to go to the bathroom they all had to go (of course..lol).  When I told them to be still and be quiet they got up and played..lol.  When I told them to lay down they said, "NO".  I tried for like an hour and a half for them to rest.  I thought they might after they started to get still, but NOPE.  I finally gave up and let them play, which was a mistake because they were taking toys from each other and pushing and just being kids...tired kids.  I came home with a headache..lol.  I told Ryan I know now why I am not a nursery volunteer.  I know there are special and gifted people to work with other peoples' children.  I am not one of those people.  Don't get me wrong.  I love children.  I love playing with children.  I especially love when they pick me flowers and give me hugs (which happened this week too and just made my week!!), but I am not the one who can spend 5 hours with children I don't know well and be ok.  LOL...I was losing my mind.

I enjoyed my free time with Cade Friday and was able to go to a dinner with some of my MOPS moms Friday night.  It was nice.  Saturday we have a birthday party and my first attempt at taking Cade to Chuck-E-Cheese.  I will post that adventure when we return.  I'm sure I will  have a story or two...lol.  I told Cade we were going to Chuck-E-Cheese Saturday and he told me that he couldn't go because he wasn't old enough yet.  Hmmm...lol...we'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts